About Dawah And Tableeg

“Tabligh Jamaat” is one of the most successful movements in modern times.
Alhamdulillah,
all types of people from Ulama to illiterate people are getting benefits through their Efforts of Deen.

বুধবার, ৪ জুলাই, ২০১২

7. INTERVIEWS WITH SAEED AHMED (DR. SHELINDER KUMAR) By Maulana Ahmad Awwah Nadvi

[Non Muslims mostly come across with Muslims who do not follow Quranic practices. It may be a bitter truth that most Muslims do not perform their duty of extending Dawah to non Muslims. They should at least not act as a barrier between Islam taught by Quran and modern world.]
Q: Dr. Saeed Saheb Al-Salam Alaikum 
A: Waulakul Salam 
Q: Dr. Saheb when you did arrive from Muscat? 
A: On 3rd Nov. I came from Muscat on the termination of my first agreement: They wanted me to continue there but I had settled with people of Fiji and thereafter I came here. 
Q: My father had told us about your conversion about six months ago. Since now you are with us I want to take your interview as per his commands. 
A: Surely I am ready to answer your questions 
Q: Your interview will be published in the monthly religious magazine of ARMUGHAN and it will inspire the workers of Dawah and enhance the utility and status of Islam. 
A: It will certainly be a matter of pride for me 
Q: Please introduce you yourself.
The truth is that nobody invited me to Islam. Actually this true religion attracts me by itself. I think it was divine guidance which called my attention towards a group of ten or twenty coolies at a platform thought that there was a rally and I accompanied them to lead their agitation. I saw that at a particular place they picked up sprouted jugs and started making wudhu. I was surprised at it and wanted to see their further action. After cleaning their teeth and washing their faces, hands and feet they assembled in an enclosure tied by ropes and stood in straight rows there. One of them called Allah-O-Akbar and all of them joined him. Then I understood that they were offering prayers. I continued to look at them and wondered to see their devotion and discipline.
A: I was born in a renowned Malhorta family on 7th November 1954. Sargodha (Pakistan) was our native town but in 1947 our family had to migrate from Pakistan. The bitter experiences of migration made our family bigot and since then many members of our family are active members of R.S.S. and BJP. One of my cousins is an important leader of BJP. Our house is in Karol Bagh, Delhi. After getting early education at local college I took M.Sc. degree from St. Stephens College and then was selected by Oxford University for P.H.D. My father was in teaching line and I also loved it. Therefore I got a service there and completed Doctorate in Education. But due to illness of parents and some domestic problems I had to come back to India against my wishes. For two years I had to run to various hospitals for treatment of my parents but I could not beat death. On 13th Oct. 1989 my father passed away and after nine days my mother also followed him. In modern society, old parents are regarded as unwanted burden and in India most of them suffer more than in Europe. But I loved my parents and served them with great devotion. I was so shocked by their death that I thought to take SANYAS and visited various Ashrams at Haridwar and Rishikesh in search of peace and contentment. But I realized that all these places religion is used as a business deal. Then I thought to take up social service because religion totally disappointed me. I came to Delhi. One day I attended a Seminar on 'Educated backwardness of Indian Society and its solution' organized by Ministry of Human resources. There I was introduced to the Chief Guest Swami Kalyan Dev and his educational trust. I met Swamiji next morning at the residence of a minister in Pandora Park. After a meeting of 2 hours with Swamiji, I decided to join his trust. I was impressed by his personal life, attachment to principles and concern for educational reforms. But the internal dirty politics of his workers made me disgusted. Further, whenever I discussed God and religion with Swamiji I found his replies and attitude appeared quite shallow and unconvincing. Then I could not see eye to eye with a responsible functionary of the trust and in order to avoid confrontation I left the trust. In 1998 I got attached to Delhi Public School and after working as a principal of its branch, was elevated to the post of advisor. In the meanwhile by grace of Allah I got the opportunity of becoming Muslim. Then your father advised me to go to some gulf country and I got a 3 years assignment in Muscat. I have completed my tenure gracefully and next week I am again going out of India. 
Q:  Now tell us how you accepted Islam and who influenced you to do so. 
A: The truth is that nobody invited to me to Islam. Actually this true religion attracted me by itself. For opening a branch of Delhi Public School I went to Ahmedabad. After a week's stay there I returned by Ahmedabad Mail. It reached Delhi 7 hours late at about 1:30pm. I got down from the train and saw group of coolies going towards a particular side. I always took keen interest in the rights and affairs of poor and labour classes. I thought that they were going to take part in some agitation. I think it was divine guidance which called my attention towards it as it was a common sight to find ten or twenty coolies at a platform to attend a train. However, I accompanied them to lead their agitation. I saw that at a particular place they picked up sprouted jugs and started making wudhu. I was surprised at this and wanted to see their further action. After cleaning their teeth and washing their faces, hands and feet they assembled in an enclosure tied by ropes and stood in straight rows. One of them called Allah-O-Akbar and all of them joined him. Then I understood that they were offering prayers. I continued to look at them and wondered to see their devotion and discipline. I decided to read some literature of their religion and visited Kutub Khana Anjuman Taraqqi Urdu in Urdu Bazaar. I purchased translation of Maulana Manzoor Nomanis books "what Islam is" and Syed Suleman Nadvis book, “Prophet Mohammad the Ideal” (English version of his lectures given in Madras) The Study of these books bought me closer to ISLAM and reduced my family's bigotry. Then I thought to read original books of Islam. I purchased English and Hindi translations of Holy Quran and began to read it. This study kindled realization in my heart that by nature I was born a Muslim. The account of paradise and hell prompted me to take a quick decision about change of faith and acceptance of Islam. I tried to approach the Imam of Jama Masjid but got very indifferent response. Then I went to the office of Jamaat-e-Islami but they doubted my intentions especially when they came to know about my relationship to a BJP minister. Within 6 months I contacted about fifty persons but nobody helped me to embrace Islam. This period was very tough for me and I was afraid of my death before me coming to the fold of Islam. I wept bitterly and prayed to my Lord for His help. In the meantime my elder sister died and I had to attend her last rites. I saw her burning and I felt that she too along with my parents needed Dawah and were condemned because of its non availability. I thought that due to age factor I was also going to die like them. That whole night I spent weeping and crying and was afraid of dying as an infidel. In the morning I again went for consultation to Kutab Khana Urdu Bazaar. They advised me to go to Phulat and meet Maulana Kaleem. Immediately I left by car and reached Phulat. Maulana Saheb was about to leave on a voyage. In rather a harsh tone I asked the Maulana if he could assist me in becoming a Muslim. He immediately got me seated and taught me the Kalma. He gave me the name of Saeed Ahmad and embraced me after congratulations. Then he asked me to introduce myself and tell him the reason that led me towards Islam. I introduced myself and said that Islam by itself had invited me. Maulana Saheb felt amused and said; "Dr. Saheb you are a scientist and have embraced Islam after realizing its truth. You decided to accept it when your heart rejected age old idolatry and polytheism and was convinced to follow true faith and worship Allah. It means that actually six months ago you had embraced Islam and this recitation of Kalam today is just only for your satisfaction and affirmation of your IMAN" These words of Maulana consoled me and I laughed at my folly of getting irritated. He entertained me with sumptuous snacks and urged me to preach Quranic Islam which is very much needed by pitiable and miserable humanity. He expressed his sorrow on the lethargic and formal attitude of general Muslim masses towards Dawah and hoped that I would take it up warmly. I returned to my home happily. Maulvi Ahmad Saheb you happen to be son of my benefactor, I could not tell you the degree of my joy and excitement of that trip to Phulat. I thought that after long I have won the love and trust of my Lord Creator. At Delhi I told all this to my wife who made it public. It caused great turmoil in the whole family. My elder brother (then a minister) gave big temptations to me including the offer of ministership if I agree to renounce Islam. When I refused he became furious and threatened me with dire consequences. Despite my clear cut denial he continued to press me to return to Hinduism. I escaped from there with great difficulty. Then I apprised Maulana Saheb about these developments and sought his advice. He advised me to go abroad, England or some Gulf country. I applied for a job over net and within a month went to Muscat on an assignment. I am thankful to my ALLAH for this favour. 
Q: What happened to your promise of extending Dawah of Quranic ISLAM? 
A: During my 3 year stay in Muscat I devoted my time and energies for the cause of Dawah among Arab youth. The French principal of my college at Muscat embraced Islam and he established an Islamic institution at Paris. Six teachers and three workers of our college along with their families became Muslims.  Three of them were Indians, three hailed from USA and three belonged to London. I am very happy that they are truly Quranic Muslims. In my college a congenial atmosphere for Dawah and Tabligh was created and in weekly discourses my talks were heard with great applause. By grace of Allah large numbers of my students have decided to take up Dawah work as their life time career. Many of them are working in U.K. Italy, Japan and some Western Countries. I also studied Quran again and again and developed good command over Urdu. 
Q: What will be your programme in Fiji? 
A: I have decided to undertake Dawah work in Fiji as desired by Maulana who is worried for carrying out this work in Fiji, New Zealand and Australia. He is hopeful for success because some people have already started this work there. Maulana Saheb believes that as a reaction to Americans tyranny and unjust policies and inhuman actions, various Jihadist outfits with wrong interpretation of Islam have come into existence and they are adversely affecting the benevolent nature of Islam and need to be checked. Such wrong action do 
not allow expansion of ISLAM, I am trying to fulfill Maulanas desires. May ALLAH give me success. Q: Do you want to give some message through ARMUGHAN? 
A: My whole life is a message and lesson for Muslims. I request all Muslims not to come between Quranic Islam and ignorant persons and work sincerely for Dawah 
Q: You are right, but you should not be pessimistic because persons who helped you and many others to embrace ISLAM are true Muslims. They are doing good work. 
A: Yes. But I am referring to those Muslims who come in daily contacts with non-Muslims and their actions and way of life act as deterrent for non Muslim to embrace Quranic ISLAM. Thanks.

কোন মন্তব্য নেই:

একটি মন্তব্য পোস্ট করুন