About Dawah And Tableeg

“Tabligh Jamaat” is one of the most successful movements in modern times.
Alhamdulillah,
all types of people from Ulama to illiterate people are getting benefits through their Efforts of Deen.

বুধবার, ২৩ মে, ২০১২

2. INTERVIEWS WITH DR.SAFIA (SAROJ SHALINI) By Asma Zatul Fauzin

Asma: Assalamoalaikum wa-rehmatullahi wa-barakatuhu;Dr Safia. 
Dr. Safiya:  Walekum Assalam wa-rehmatullahi wa-barakatuhu.

Q:  Dr. Saheba. My father phoned me from Ajmer to contact you for an interview which would he published in an Urdu Magazine ARMUGHAN published from Phulat. This magazine is spreading messages of guidance and truth among masses of the area and interviews from newly converts to Islam are regularly published for the benefit of all. 
A: Yes I could get Maulana Saheba on phone after continuous efforts of last 15 day. He told me about these interviews and their constructive role in the work of Dawah. I shall be glad to be a part in this good work. Ask me whatever you like.

Q: Thanks. First please introduce yourself. 
A: My earlier name was Saroj Shalini. I was born on 24th Sept 1978 in Mohanlalgunj, a suburban town near Lucknow in a Brahmin family. My father Mr. K.A. Sharma M.D. (cardiology) was professor in Pant Hospital Delhi. Ten years back he got himself transferred to Lucknow. He was an admirer of oriental civilization and liked Indian culture. He thus pressurized his family to find a domestic type womanas his wife. I have two elder brothers, one of them is a reader in Benares Hindus University and the other is working as an engineer in B.H.E.L. I qualified in PMT competition and graduated with degree of M.B.B.S. from Lucknow Medical College and M.D. from Maulana Azad College Delhi. Presently, I am serving in department of cardiology at AIMS New Delhi and pursuing M.D. in cardiology. On 20th May 2004 I embraced Islam in a Mosque at green park New Delhi at the instance of your respected father.

Q: Please give details of your acceptance of Islam and its causes. 
A: I was on duty in children's I.C.C.U ward when a Maulana came to see a child belonging to a family from Haryana. The attendant was mother of the child. She asked the Maulana to blow some charm on the boy. Following her, the attendants of other child patients requested Maulana to blow charms and prayers on them. At that time our head of Department Dr. Tyagi came on a round of the ward. He objected to it and asked about Maulana's identity and warned him that in view of risk of infections outsiders were not allowed to enter I.C.U. ward. Maulana told him that all patients belonged to human fraternity and he was only conveying to them the words of Lord Creator irrespective of their religion, sex or colour. He referred to Hazrat Ibrahim and other Prophets and said that it is Allah alone who cures all diseases through treatment given by doctors as per His will. I was impressed into his talks and took him to my cabin. He told me that serving my patients with love and care was blessing of Allah and I have got such nice opportunity to look after suffering people and share with their woes and pain. He also assured me that their gratitude would bless me. While concluding he again called me his sister and urged me to take care of the patients and console their parents and relatives. I promised to abide by his advice. After wards I asked the father of the child about the identity of the Maulana. He told me that he was known as Hazratji and thousands have embraced ISLAM after having contacts with him. I was impressed much to see that Maulana's blowing charm had good effects of relief on the patients. After some time many of the patients were discharged.
I feel that in this era of science and technology world badly needs Islam because it is totally bankrupt. Sister Asma I am exaggerating but looking closely at the modern world affairs I am convinced that only Islam can pull away this world from collapse and in solvency. Only IMAN has solutions to the problems of the world. I am surprised how we Muslims possessing wealth of Islam are brow beaten by modern world. Why are we feeling inferiority complex? We should be proud of over belongings and feel remorse for this deficient and bankrupt world. We are generous givers and this world is despicable and mean.
One day a former colleague of mine, Dr. Raina Sehgal who was working as a Gynecologist in Safdargunj Hospital invited me for dinner. She had employed a Muslim maid who cooked her food. I asked her the reason for employing as Muslim lady instead of a Hindu. She praised her honesty and efficiency. Then she referred about conversion of people who had come under fold of Islam and told me that a young Cardiologist in her hospital Dr. Balbir had embraced ISLAM two years ago. He wanted that whole hospital staff become Muslim. He further told her that if she wanted to escape from hell for then she should embrace ISLAM. These talks reminded me of Maulana Saheb. I asked Dr. Raina to introduce me to Dr. Balbir. Next day she asked me to come to her place on Sunday to meet Dr. Balbir. I went there and met Dr. Balbir who was a gentle dark complexioned young man who appeared in a pensive mood. I asked him about reasons of coming to the fold of Islam. He replied that he became Muslim about 9 year ago after being convinced that Islam was only true and perfect religion and without accepting it nobody could get salvation or escape from Hell fire. He told me that his Islamic name is Wali-Ullah (friend of Allah). I narrated to him the visit of Maulana in I.C.U. ward and his talks of human brother hood and service. Dr. Balbir endorsed fully the views of the Maulana and said that all these things were delivered by Prophet Mohammed (PBUH) in his sermon on his last Hajj Voyage. He said he would send printed copy of this version of sermon to me through D.Raina. After 3 or 4 days Dr. Raina Sehgal gave me the sermon of the Prophet along with its English translation. I was amazed to read it specially his commands about women folk. Then I wanted to trace out the Maulana and meet him for further discussion and guidance. But I could not get his address. I was impatient to know more and more about Islam and I met Dr. Balbir at Safdargunj hospital again and asked him to give me some Islamic literature. Next day he came to my Hospital and gave me a small look in Hindi entitled ''Aap ki Amanat Aap ki seva men'. He said that the book is informative about Islam and asked me to read it sympathetically. He also informed me that he embraced Islam at the instance of author of this book and I would know about Islam and author after reading it. I read the book with interest and phoned Dr. Balbir to arrange my meeting with the author and also give me some more books written by him. After four days Dr. Balbir rang me up and told me that I could meet the author Maulana Kaleem Saheb at green park Mosque. I along into Dr. Balbir reached the mosques and found Maulana waiting for me. I fell at his feet because he was the Maulana who called me his sister in I.C.U. ward. Maulana picked me up and asked me if I still faced any obstacle in becoming a Muslim. I agreed to convert to Islam and the Maulana taught me Kalma to recite and gave me name SAFIA SHALNI and wrote name of some books. He also urged me to offer prayers regularly.
Q: Did you announce your conversion publicly?
A: No, because Maulana strongly prohibited me to do so. However I told this to some people close to me. At times I prefer not to conceal the true religion of ISLAM but then I prefer to abide by the advice of my spiritual guide and mentor.


Q: Did you tell it to Dr. Raina Sehgal?
A: Yes I informed her due to my and Dr. Wali Ullah's influence. She has also recited Kalma but kept it secret because she is a married lady. Her husband Dr. B.K. Sehgal runs his own clinic and belongs to a staunch Hindu family. These days he has joined Radha Swami Sat Sangh.


Q:  Are you in contact with Dr. Wali ullah?
A:  Dr. Wali Ullah developed some heart disease which required installing of pace maker. I took great interest in his treatment. He was married to a Govt. employee girl. He had informed her before marriage and they were married according to Muslim rites. But unfortunately she could not take interest in Islam and her service also became a hurdle. This affected Dr. Wali Ullah's health. When allopathic medicines could not cure him Maulana Saheb prescribed some Unani medicines and Khamiras and within two months he almost recovered. Maulana Saheb advised him to go to some Arab country along with his wife. Last month he called her wife to Saudi Arabia where he got a good job and his problems were solved. Dr. Wali Ullah was trying to convince Dr. Sehgal and there is some change in his attitude. I was not in a position to talk to him freely.


Q: Do your parents know about your conversion?
A:  Yes I have told my father frankly. He was not pleased to hear it but gradually his displeasure is receding


Q:  Are you married?
A:  My father was concerned about it and tried to find a sutiable match from among his students. But it did not materialize. I asked Maulana's permission to announce my change of religion but he advised me to wait further. Then he asked Dr. Wali Ullah to get some job for me in Saudi Arabia and by grace of Allah I have been appointed at king Abdul Aziz Hospital Jeddah and I have got 2 years leave also. Sister Asma the question raised by you about my marriage reminds me of a joke about you. Perhaps, you remember that a surgeon of P.G.I. Chandigarh Dr. Asad Afridi proposed marriage to you. He was very keen to get its approval from your side. But destiny arranged you marriage at Aligarh. He was the only doctor in that hospital having beard and used to wear Sherwani. Maulana Saheb sought my consent before proposing my marriage with Dr. Asad. On getting my consent, he arranged meeting of Dr. Asad and his parents with me. Both sides were happy on this relationship and I was married to Dr. Asad. By grace of almighty Dr. Asad also got a job in king Abdul Aziz Hospital Jeddah and joined his post. I am expecting my visa soon and earnestly desire to perform Hajj this year. Q:      Does marriage with a bearded and Sherwani clad person not appear strange to you in the present set up? A:      Alhamdu Lillah absolutely not, I am glad that everything of Islam is liked by me and I feel it as my real and natural religion. When I heard that my husband Dr. Asad is the only doctor who has a beard and who puts on Sherwani a desire came in my heart that after announcing Islam I should cover myself in burqa and would be called the only burqa clad Doctor of All India Institute of Medical Science. But Maulana Saheb though encouraged by my gesture, asked me to spend 3 or 4 years in Saudi Arabia before doing so. Personally I think that a burqa clad woman doctor in the hospital would inspire people to know more about Islam.

Q: Were your parents offended by your marriage without their permission?
A: My marriage took place suddenly. But Maulana Saheb arranged a meeting of Dr. Asad with my parents and told them that the marriage was performed without dowry or jewellery in order to escape censure from society Dr. Asad would first go to Arabia and Dr. Shalini would follow him after some time. Then their displeasure vanished. My father liked Dr. Asad very much and told me 'SHALINI you are so lucky to get such a handsome husband'. He came to Delhi airport to see off Dr. Asad and conveyed his good wishes.


Q: Certainly you are very lucky as invisible hand made all these arrangements.
A: Surely. This is all blessing of Allah. Whenever I recollect all these things I bow before Him. I never deserved favours that I got from the light of Islam in the darkness of infidelity and polytheism.


Q:  Have you given DAWAH to your parents to join Islamic fold? 
A:  Yes I am working on them and slowly they are coming closer.


Q:  Do you want to give any message to Muslims through ARMUGHAN?
A: I feel that in this era of science and technology, the World badly needs Islam. Sister Asma I am not exaggerating but looking closely at the modern world affairs I am convinced that only Islam can pull this world away from collapse and in solvency. Only Islam has solutions to the problems of the world. I am surprised how we Muslims possessing wealth of Islam are brow beaten by modern world. Why do we have inferiority complex? We should be proud of our possessions and feel remorse for this deficient and bankrupt world. We are generous givers and this world is despicable and mean.


Q: Thank you very much Dr. Safia Assalamoalaikum wa-rehmatullahi wa-barakatuhu
A: I am grateful to you Sister Asma Walekum Assalam wa-rehmatullahi wa-barakatuhu.
[Living a day with faith is much more Precious than hundreds years life without faith. If one does not believe it he can test it by becoming a Muslim. This inspired me to become a Muslim even for a few days]

1 টি মন্তব্য: